Thanks for your Patience!!
You can now buy these pieces and a few more ...
Posted on Josie's Joys HandPainted Giftware on Facebook
Or send me a message for pricing and shipping details..
wow.. what a winter!!... between the cold of the winter... and the rains right up to today!!..
I have been on hold for awhile with the weather and finishing up outdoors or in the "studio" garage!!
So without further ado.. here are the pieces that are ready to be sold..
Send me message if there is any piece you may be interested in.
ALL pieces are with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and waxes, the leader in the industry. All my own designs making each a unique piece for your home or cottage.
Making old, new again
Well, it has been awhile!!..
I was busy loving the water and outdoor weather this past summer at my new home. It has been awhile since I painted and finally brought out my paints this past year.
I am going to be moving more into the furniture painting area next year, 2017. I am excited about it and after finishing pieces in my own home and I ready to take on items to sell again!!.
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK at:
Josie's Joys HandPainted Giftware
Please also support fellow artists with THE ARTISANS MARKET LOGO (as seen above) when buying painted furniture online. TAM is a group of painters that take pride in their craft and offer up pieces that are a fair price in the market place. It takes more to painting furniture then just slapping on a can of chalk paint.
Here is the TAM site that I sell my pieces on:
The Artisan Markets
Keep on Dreamin Big!!
Hope you can make it out for the first show of the season!!.. Great drive to beautiful Fenelon Falls.
Yes, I am obsessed with roses!!.. Since I do not yet have a rose garden on my new property, I had to find a way to incorporate them subtly into my home.
I added the yellow/pink rose switches to my kitchen. The vintage pink rose to front porch and front hallway. They really pop out against the cloud white paint colour and give it that #cottagestyle that I love so much.
I did not paint the roses as I have done in the past, as I really loved the print on these napkins.... yes I said napkins!!
Here are the steps:
1. Find a pattern that you like (small rose I found at Dollarstore, where I actually found a lot of pretty patterns.. the scripted rose I found at Bowrings... bit more pricey but for the $5 package of 16.. they make a big impact on a $1 switchplate)
2. You will need:
-paper napkin (or cardstock)
-modge podge (MP)
-scissors / paint brush
3. Napkin: separate the layers (usually 2 white + top coloured print).. print layer a little patience required to separate
4. place napkin on SP, so that your desired pattern shows where you want it.
5. cut around SP at least 1/4" extra (you will want to fold it around to the backside) all around, and cut small notches in the centre hole.
6. using sponge brush, apply the MP on the SP. (not too much and not too little :) )
7. carefully lay the napkin over the SP
8. lay the precut piece of cling wrap over the napkin...stretching it over the napkin to help smooth it out... carefully use your fingers to smooth out the wrinkles. ( the cling wrap prevents your fingers from getting sticky and tearing the delicate napkin).
9. Carefully fold over the excess napkins over the sides and secure on to the back. Fold your corners neatly. Add more MP to help glue it down.
9. Remove any excess MP with the "clean side" of the cling wrap.
10. Let dry (overnight.. or blow dry if in hurry)
11. Sponge another layer of MP all over.
Of course, the possibilities are endless with pattern/colour/design... your kid's room with favourite characters... bathroom... hallway... and of course you can decoupage ANYTHING!!!
Would love to see what you come up with!
PS. I even did the side of my dresser drawers for a little peekaboo... will have to post pictures once I get back home... but here is the idea from Pinterest
Here is a great video tutorial from a decoupage expert. Check out Pinterest as well for lots of creative uses for decoupage.
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016!!
I know it has been quite awhile since I have posted here... it is almost a year since the last blog, yet the photo is still current of me on a beach in Costa Rica!!!!... No polar vortex for me.
I did not paint a single rose last year... ok maybe one order. I guess I needed the break from painting small to pushing my limits to take on a big project!!.. So I got out my chalk paint and painted my new kitchen!!.. yes we have moved so now my paint room is in boxes in a tiny room and an outside storage shed... I had to purge a lot of items I have collected over 10 years that I was going to paint one day... guess someone else will get that chance now.
Check out my new page "Home Decor - Before & After".. this is the journey of our new little "cottage on the lake". The old 50's cottage with 80's update got another facelift from us. Keep checking back as I post more B/A pics as we move along in our decorating.. of course not for a few months yet wink wink!!
Just in case you were wondering why I have not been posting any new painted pieces lately... it is because I am down south... getting inspired by God's nightly paintings!!!
Here in Playa Bejuco, Costa Rica....
Will be painting again soon....
Yikes, I have just noticed that I have not been on blogging for quite awhile... I have been busy painting!!
After not much painting over the summer, the cooler weather has gotten my creativity going again... of course, now I am totally into the chalk paint and have discovered transfer gel, decoupage and new colours!!.. I have sold quite a few pieces (mostly thru Facebook, so please like my FB page, Josie's Joys HandPainted Giftware as I usually post there first before I go on the buy and sell groups).
I have added some new pictures under "Chalk Paint" category so have a look there to see what I have been doing!!
Will post shortly on the shows coming up in November.. mostly local to Stouffville area...
let me know if you need something for Christmas gifts!!
I am a floral artist that loves to create in my home studio. I love pink rose, beaches, travelling!!
My favourite places: